Ever Thought of Sleeping Naked?
Neanderthals and cave men did not have stores that provided them with pajamas and other sleepwear. Men and women have been sleeping in their PJ’s for eons. Mother Nature is a pretty smart cookie and provided benefits for sleeping in the buff but no one knows the actual date that men and women began clothing their bodies. However, when they did it was to protect them from the elements – not for modesty. With all the natural benefits of sleeping naked, why would anyone choose clothing? (Other than little kids running around the house, visiting in-laws, etc…)
5 Health Benefits of Sleeping Naked
According to Dr. Natasha Turner (North America’s Leading Naturopathic Doctor):
- Reduces Your Gut – Sleeping in the buff can reduce your gut because when you go to bed nude, your body starts the cooling down process quickly. As the human body is cooling down, growth hormones begin to accrue, while cortisol begins to decrease. A full night of uninterrupted sleep will bring the cortisol levels to their lowest, which will keep your appetite at a normal level and will reduce the temptation of overeating. The appropriate temperature can also be achieved by lowering your A/C or sleeping with a cracked window in the winter.
- Lowers Cortisol Levels – Having lower cortisol levels can reduce your waist size, and it can also prevent high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels and hormonal imbalances. According to researchers at the University of Warwick, people who sleep less than six hours a night may be three times more likely to develop conditions which lead to diabetes and heart disease.
- Boosts Your Anti-Aging Hormones – As body temperature drops, growth hormone is released and works its regenerative magic.
- Improves Cells in the Body – Choosing to sleep in the buff can improve the cells in your body. If you remove heavy blankets from your bed and sleep in the buff, cells are replenished while you sleep. This is needed to repair tissues, increase bone density and even build up the muscle.
- Better Sleeps At Night – Research studies in Australia show that certain forms of insomnia have been related to faulty body temperature and the inability to cool down at night.
Reasons for Couples to Sleep in the Buff
A couple should sleep naked for the following reasons:
- Increased Sexual Arousal – A couple who sleeps nude will most likely have skin-to-skin contact. The skin-to-skin contact releases a hormone (called oxytocin) that promotes sexual arousals and sex drive.
- Promotes Desire – Sleeping in the buff can promote desire and entices intimacy for couples.
How Many Americans Sleep Naked?
There have been extensive studies performed and less than 10% of Americans sleep naked. This is very surprising considering there are so many health benefits to sleeping naked.
Men vs. Women
Do men or women prefer to sleep in the buff? Men are twice as likely to sleep in the buff over women. A survey was conducted and over 31% of men stated that they preferred to sleep nude, whereas only 14% of women stated that they preferred to sleep nude.
Best Bedding for Sleeping Naked
Now that we know that it is actually healthy to sleep naked, a common question is, “What is the best bedding for sleeping naked?” If you are sleeping between sheets you definitely want ones that continue to keep your body cool and whisk away perspiration and dampness. You know how you can roll around on a warm evening trying to find a new, cool place in the sheets and pillow? Your bedding should keep you cool without rolling around and searching which can keep you restless all night.
The simple answer to the question is Bamboo Sheets! The benefits of sleeping naked with bamboo sheets include:
- Non-irritating to the skin, perfect for sensitive skin
- Fabric is breathable
- Fibers are mildew and mold resistant
- Incredibly soft
- All natural
- Very strong absorbency
- Keeps the body cool in warm weather
- Keeps the body warm in cold weather
- Extremely durable
Bamboo bedding is the perfect choice for sleeping nude. If you are looking for more comfort, better health and a peaceful night’s sleep, try high quality bamboo sheets tonight!